Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Right to Put Up a Fight (Throwback #1)

The purpose of my blog is to share amazing music. So far, I've just been doing that by showing you new music that I like. I want to expand that and start throwing it back to the older stuff because it is just as amazing. Throwback is a pretty loose term, but for me it's anything that's older than like... 2 years old.

My mixes are meant to be something you can just play while you're getting ready or doing work or something, and hopefully you'll find a couple of songs that stick. I really enjoy listening to older stuff, and I'm always happy when I rediscover something I used to love. I hope you like this little series :)






Eat That Up, It's Good For You - Two Door Cinema Club

Two Door is one of my favorite bands. I don't know how they make every song so damn catchy and different, but I could listen to them all day. They somehow find a way to put many unique sounds together without making the song overwhelming to the ear.



See You in My Nightmares (feat. Lil Wayne) - Kanye West

I think Kanye will be making many appearances in these TB's. Honestly a lot of his music is really effing good, especially his older stuff. I didn't actually really listen to this song until recently, but it's on repeat. This song has a bit of anger, a bit of heartache, and a lot of power.








Animals - Muse

Man I do love Muse. Their songs just have so much soul. This one in particular has a Queen feel, and I love the guitar in the melody. It has such depth, and this song does not get as much attention as it should.







You've Got The Love (The XX Remix) - Florence + The Machine

Flo has such a beautiful voice, and this is one of my favorite songs by her. She just puts so much into her songs, and I love to sing along (badly). This remix brings a different beat than the original, and it is so characteristically XX. I actually discovered the remix first, and then I listened to the original. Both versions are brilliant.




You Make Me Feel (feat. Sabi) - Cobra Starship

This one is super mainstream, I know, but it's still good. It's just really catchy and danceable. I find it very youthful, and it really reminds me of the fun times I had in high school. The lyrics are easy to pick up, which makes it a nice crowd pleaser.







Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton

And I'm going to round off this first TB mix with a classic Clapton ballad from the 70s. I feel connected to that era's music because it was what my dad listened to when he was younger. He has a ton of old records and he plays them all the time. This song is slow and sweet and beautiful.





I realized that these throwbacks will actually consist of most of my favorite songs just because the range is so huge. If your taste is like mine, this is definitely a good thing. Hope you likee


Wanna Take a Chance (Mix #24)

No comments:

Post a Comment