Monday, October 26, 2015

Spotlight Artist #3: Skizzy Mars


Skizzy Mars is hands down one of my favorite rappers, if not artists altogether. His music actually makes me FEEL something, which is so rare for me to find in rap. Just trying to pick my favorite songs for this post is proving to be very difficult. They're all effing fantastic man. If you've never heard of Skizzy before, get ready to keep this mix on repeat.




My loves:
  • Changes (Léon - Tired of Talking Remix) This has been my jam for the last month. The beat, the melody, the voices, it all freaking works. You'll notice that Skizzy never has a boring song. Seriously.
  • Pay for You This was the first song Skizzy song I discovered two years ago. It actually gave me the chills. It's insanely catchy, and I found myself singing it all the time. "Shit I'm just young and living life man."
  • Come Over This song has a totally different feel than the last one, which just shows Skizzy's versatility. "Let's be lonely together." This just resonates with me. I actually featured this song in Mix 7 if you want a little throwback. 
  • Do You There This song is basically about sex, but hey it's catchy. It's got a really chill vibe, and I like to listen to it while laying with my eyes closed on the beach. 
  • Colours I was pretty much hooked from 0:01. It's so catchy! Come on.
  • Phases This one hits home a little harder for me. I listen to this when I'm feeling really low, and it brings me back up. Much love. 

More I like:
  • Weekend Millionaires
  • Chemistry 
  • Douchebag

I just feel like Skizzy has this depth that makes his music so unique. There are so many more amazing songs by him, but if I listed more, I'd end up putting down almost everything he's ever released. I really hope you like him as much as I do!


It's Me (Mix #21)

No comments:

Post a Comment