Sunday, October 19, 2014

Disappointment

Disappointment is something everyone will go through at least once in their lives. It is a fundamental part of being human. Not everything will go as you hope, and disappointment is the sad emotion that comes with that. 

You can be disappointed for any number of reasons, and I think it is healthy to feel this way once in a while. It keeps us grounded, and the ability to come back up after feeling down is really important. 

For me, I deal with this poop emotion by distracting myself. First, I distance myself from whatever disappointed me. Whether it is a person or a test score, I try to focus on other things for a little bit. Watching television really helps me, as does reading while listening to music. Reading especially can really take your mind off anything. I love that reading really sucks you in 100%, and it is really convenient in times like this. I tend to listen to one song over and over while I read so that the emotions I'm feeling are engrained into the song. 

The song I am listening to right now is Light a Fire by Rachel Taylor. I actually heard this song on Vampire Diaries. It's a really emotional song, and I think it is very fitting for how I am feeling. The melody in the background is just so powerful, but also soft. I love that this song can embody the way I am feeling. 



Another thing I like to do when I am disappointed is talk to the ones I love. My friends and family can always remind me that I am still a good person and everything will pass with time. Lean on those who are close to you when you need them. It will only strengthen your relationship with them. 

Finally, just remember to work towards what you want with the same, if not more, passion as you did before. Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. You can overcome anything as long as you are in the right mindset. 

I apologize for the weight of these last couple of posts, but hey, I just write about what I am thinking. Growing up, I wished that someone could be there all the time to help me through the tough times. My sister helped me a lot, but sometimes you just need an outsider's opinion. If this helps just one person, I will be satisfied. Everyone deserves a shoulder to cry on and someone to lift them back up. 



Fist bump dude. Help someone else through their tough times so we can make this world a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment