Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Let's Get Fit!

Three weeks ago, I started a new workout guide. It's called the Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide. I heard a lot about it from my friends, and somehow her pictures were showing up all over my Instagram. I had been going to the gym frequently beforehand, but my friend bought the guide, and she wanted me to start it with her. 



Basically, it's a 12 week guide that gives you specific workouts 3 days a week. The rest of the days, you do cardio or interval training depending on how far into the guide you are. I am now on week four, and I've had a great time following the guide! I like having a set workout to do each day, and now, my day feels incomplete without at least a 30 minute workout. At the end of the 12 weeks, you're supposed to have a thinner, leaner body that you can show off proudly. 





I really haven't noticed a difference yet because it is still really early in the process, but I think something that would really help me is if I ate healthier. I can't help it. I have the biggest sweet tooth, and when junk food is in my radar, I am drawn to it. After eating horribly this weekend, I have decided that I want to eat very healthy until the end of the 12 week guide. Eating healthy is definitely going to be a challenge for me, but I think I can do it.


I know other people may have this same struggle, so here are some tips that might help you with this goal:


1. Don't keep junk food in the house. Period. Out of sight, out of mind!

2. Don't go to the grocery store hungry. That will make the junk food that much more enticing. 
3. Try to view healthy food as a treat rather than a burden. Fruit and salads are actually very tasty, but our mindset keeps telling us that it just isn't as good as cake or chocolate. 
4. Play with your food! This is a really bizarre one, but I find that if I arrange my food into a cute or fun design on my plate, I feel more inclined to eat it. Example: 



I think this looks a lot more appetizing than if I had just dumped the fruit in a plain bowl. 
5. Drink a glass of water before each meal. It will make you full faster, therefore making your portion sizes smaller. 
6. Have a cheat day! It's alright to indulge in a little junk food here and there as long as it isn't every day. 
7. Eat out less. It's way easier to stay healthy when you see exactly what goes into your food. I love cookies, but I never want to eat them when I see how they're made. All of that butter and sugar makes me feel kind of sick.
8. Sleep more! If you are sleep deprived, you are more likely to want cheap, easy junk food that will get you full quick. 

Being healthy has so many benefits that will impact your future quality of life. I want to be that 75-year-old that can still take hikes and go to amusement parks! The only way that will happen is if I take care of my body now. Try out these tips, and let me know how it goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment